Monday, September 3, 2012

Exercise on Tense


  1. The earth _____round the sun. (move, moves, moved)
  2. My friends ____the Prime Minister yesterday. (see, have seen, saw)
  3. I ___him only one letter up to now.(sent, have sent, send)
  4. She _____worried aboud something. (looks, looking, is looking)
  5. It started to rain while we _____teninis. ( are playing, were playing, had  played)
  6. He ___fast when the accident happened. (is driving, was driving, drove)
  7. He ____asleep while he was driving. (falls, fell, has fallen)
  8. I’m sure I _____him at the partry last night. (saw , Hve seen, had seen)
  9. He ____a mill in this town. (worked, is working, has been working)
  10. He ____here for the last five years. (worked, is working, has been working)
  11. He thanked me for what I _____. (Have done, had done , have been doing)
  12. I ______a strange noise. (hear, am hearing, have been hearing)
  13. I ______him for a long time.(know , have known, am knowing)
  14. I ______English for five years. (Study, am studying, have been studying)
  15. Don’t disturb me. I _____my home work. (do, did, am doing)
  16. Abdul ___to be a doctor. (wants, wanting, is wanting)
  17. The soup ____good. (taste, tastes, is tasting)
  18. He _____TV most evenings.(watches, is watching, is watch)
  19. Hee ___out five minutes ago. (has gone, had gone, went)
  20. When he lived Barishal, he ___to the cinema once a week. (goes, went, was going)
  21. The baby ___all morning. (cries, has been crying)
  22. I _____Rahim at the zoo. (saw, have seen, had seen)
  23. I ____Kumar this weekk. (havedn’t seen, did’t seen, am not seeing)
  24. This paper _____twice weekly. (is apperaing, appearing, appears)
  25. Ashok fell off the ladder when he ____the roof. ( is mending, was mending, mended)
  26. The plane _____at 3.30. (arrives, will arrive)
  27. I will phone you when he _____back. (comes, will come)
  28. When I get home, my dog ______at the gate waiting for me. (sits, will be sitting)
  29. I _____the John the evening. (visit, am visiting)
  30. Look at those black clouds. It _____(will rain, is going to rain)
  31. The train _____before we reach the station. (arrives, will have arrived)
  32. I ____home next Sunday. (go, am going)
  33. Help! _____fall. (will fall, am going to fall)
  34. Hurry up! The programme _____(will start, is about to start)
  35. This book is not long. I ______it by lunch time. (will be reading, will have read)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate