Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Completing Sentence


Would you mind: (কিছু মনে করবেন কি?)
  1. Would you mind taking a cup of tea?
  2. Would you mind opening the door?
  3. Would you mind giving your pen?
As: (হিসাবে/ মত)
  1. Khan Jahan Ali was regarded as pious.
  2. He treats me as innocent.
  3. People condemn Mirjafar as treacherous.
  4. Sher-e-Bangla’s contribution to the country is acknowledged as great.
  5. I can not accept him as my husband/ wife/ friend/ well wisher.
  6. Everyone recognized him as an honest man/ as the lawful heir.
  7. I took him as my friend.
  8. He treats the boy as his son.
Would that/ I wish: (যদি রাজা/ পাখি হতাম)
1.       I wish, I were a king.
2.       Would that, I were a king.
3.       I wish, I were a bird.
4.       Would that, I were the president of Bangladesh.
5.       I wish, I were a child again.
It is time/ it is high time: (উপযুক্ত সময় বুঝায়)
  1. It is time/ high time to start the work.
  2. It is time they went home.
  3. It is time we went home.
  4. It is high time to go home.
  5. It is high time to take a tour in London.
Hardly had…… when, No sooner had…… than: (কোন কাজ করতে না করতে)
  1. No sooner had I gone out than he came.
  2. Scarcely had we reached the station when the train left.
Had better/ had rather: (বরং)
  1. I had better/ rather leave the place.
  2. I had better/ rather ring him at once.
  3. You had better/ rather leave the place.
  4. He had better/ rather go home.
  5. You had rather/ better go home.
Would better/ would sooner/ would rather…… than: (কোন কিছু অপেক্ষা ভাল)
  1. I would rather die than beg.
  2. I would rather drink tea than coffee.
  3. I would rather go home than stay here.
  4. I would better stay virgin than marry you.
Instead of/ in lieu of: (পরিবর্তে )
  1. Instead of history, he took logic.
  2. The boy bought pens instead of pencils.
  3. He ate fish in lieu of meat.
  4. She took tea in lieu of coffee.

In spite of, despite: (সত্ত্বেও)
  1. In spite of his poverty, he is honest.
  2. In spite of his having merit, she failed in the examination.
  3. Despite his good qualification, he did not get a suitable job.
  4. The boy was punished despite his innocence.
Though/ although: (যদিও)
  1. Though he is meritorious, he could not find a good job.
  2. He could not catch the bus although he ran fast.
  3. Though he is poor, he is honest.
  4. The boy was punished despite his innocence.
If: (যদি)
  1. If you want, I will help you.
  2. We will go outside if it does not rain.
  3. If you play in the rain, you will catch cold.
  4. If he came, I would go.
  5. If he wanted, I would help him.
  6. If I had seen him, I might have told the matter.
  7. If they had started earlier, they could have got the train.
  8. If I were a king, I would help all the poor.
  9. If I were a bird, I would fly to you.
Without +Gerund: (ছাড়া)
  1. Without having breakfast, you can not get strength.
  2. Without taking physical exercise, you can be healthy.
  3. Without reading more, you can not pass.
  4. You will not write well without writing much.
By + Gerund: (করে)
  1. By reading more, we can learn more.
  2. By taking exercise, we can keep fit.
  3. By drinking clean water, you can keep fit.
Relative pronoun: (যে/ যাহা)
  1. The boy, who came yesterday, is my brother.
  2. The man, who came here, is my friend.
Till/ until/ As long as: (পর্যন্ত)
  1. Wait here until come back.
  2. She will be nursing him till he come round soon.
  3. Stay here as long as it rains.

এই উদাহরন গুলো আয়ত্ত করে practice করলে completing sentence   ভালো ফলাফল করা  যাবে।

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate