Thursday, February 21, 2013

Conditional Sentence Full Note

The Sentence which refers to a condition is called conditional sentence.
Conditional sentence তিন প্রকার।
 1.     First Conditional 
If clause দ্বারা শর্ত বুঝায়। যা পূরণ হতে পারে নাও পারে।

Structure: If + Present + future / Imperative 
Example: 
  •  If you want, I will help you.If he comes, I shall go.
  • If it rains, they will not play.
  • If you want to shine in life, work hard.
  • Work hard if you want to shine in life.
2.     Second Conditional
If clause দ্বারা শর্ত আরোপ করা হয় এবং তাতে যে শর্ত আরপিত হয় তা পূরণ হওয়া অসম্ভব না হলেও পূরণ হওয়ার ঘটনা খুব কম।
Structure: If + past indefinite + (Subject + might/ would+ সঙ্গতিপূর্ণ verb)
Example:
  • If he came, I would go.
  •  If I were a bird, I would fly to you.
  • If I saw him, I would tell him the matter.
  • If I were you, I would establish a hospital.
  •  If I had much wealth, I would help the poor.
3.     Third Conditional
এ জাতীয় clause এ যে শর্ত আরপিত থাকে তা সম্পূর্ণ হতে পারে না কারন এ clause এর ক্রিয়া বাস্তবে সংঘটিত হয় না।
Structure: If / had + past perfect + (Subject + should have/ would have/ might have)
Example:
  • If I had been absent from the class, I would have cut a sorry figure in the exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate